You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: beat
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Sixth Lecture (First Scientific Lecture-Course)
- through our organs of hearing. The vibrations of the air beat on our
- vibration must be beating on the eye. But we soon see it cannot be
- one is thus led to the idea: When the air beats upon our ear and we
- hypothetical ether with its vibrations beats upon our eye, a
- Title: Eighth Lecture (First Scientific Lecture-Course)
- beat back again however as soon as the body oscillates the other
- the next forward beat of the metal the original condensation goes
- beats as there were holes arriving at the place where the stream of
- air was going. Thus on the inner circle we got 40 beats, but on the
- outer we got 80 in the same period of time. The beats bring about
- of time we have 80 beats, 80 air-waves in the one case and 40 in
- on into the external auditory canal and beat upon the drum which