Searching First Scientific Lecture-Course
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: vibrating
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Fourth Lecture (First Scientific Lecture-Course)
- vibrating at right angles to the direction in which the light is
- of the two mirrors, is vibrating, say, in this way and impinges here.
- vibrations happens to be vibrating downward at the very moment when
- the other is vibrating upward. Then they will cancel each other out
- and darkness will arise at this place. Or if the two are vibrating
- in the other [ether?]. If the infinitesimal particles are vibrating
- Title: Sixth Lecture (First Scientific Lecture-Course)
- particles of the sounding bell are vibrating. Or with a pipe playing
- a note, you will be able to show that the air inside it is vibrating.
- unless the air in our environment is vibrating we shall not hear any
- the vibrating air and our sensation; so in like manner, when the
- sensation of light is produced by means of this vibrating ether. And
- as to how the ether should be vibrating: this they endeavour to
- and finds expression in light and colour there is the vibrating
- could compute what these vibrating little cobolds must be up to in
- vibrating there, as electricity raying through space. Mark well what
- explain, and they attribute them to the vibrating ether.
- sense-world is explained by an unknown super-sensible, the vibrating
- vibrating of the air when we perceive sounds — was transferred
- Title: Seventh Lecture (First Scientific Lecture-Course)
- in such a way that the ether is there vibrating outside of you and
- Title: Eighth Lecture (First Scientific Lecture-Course)
- the same room, the other will begin vibrating too. The Jesuits
- experiences, — transforms the vibrations of the vibrating
- there in himself while in the world outside him is simply vibrating
- air or vibrating ether, — let him put down the book which
Rudolf Steiner e.Lib is maintained by: